Our song production program is simply a great opportunity for students, musicians, and singer/songwriters to work with a producer on their recordings. We have a wonderful professional recording studio along with a fantastic microphone collection and a huge selection of instruments and software to help you make your music. (Please refer to our recording studio page for more details.)
Whether you have an outline of a song, a song that you have finished writing, or a cover song that you would like to re-arrange. Our producers can help you complete your recordings and make them sound brilliant by helping with the writing, arranging and recording process.
The technology involved in music making has never been more important than it is today. By jumping in to the creative process and making music that reflects who you are as an artist.
Things that you will get the chance to learn while in the program:
- Different recording software and computer based techniques for recording music.
- Different outboard equipment like microphones, compressors, preamps and equalizers.
- Harmony, song arranging, writing and performing.
Whether you are a drummer, vocalist, guitarist or pianist. It is totally life changing to hear yourself recorded, its what makes us better as musicians.
This program is truly special in so many ways. It really exemplifies the core values and philosophy’s that we adhere to at Beyond the Beat. Teaching music as a form of self expression is something that we pride ourselves on and continue to succeed at. Helping young artists realize their dreams and make music that they really love is something we love doing.
- Start with a one or two hour session once a week with a producer.
- Once a week two hour session along with extra time allotted for our producers and engineers to work on the song while you are away.
- 4 hour session with a producer: this may sound like a lot of time to be here in the studio, but the time fly’s by very quickly. This sort of time frame tends to work for songwriters that are working towards completing a short length or full length album.
- Two four hour sessions weekly: This is an ideal amount of time to get really great results and get things done. The more time an artist spends with our producers, the more they accomplish and learn. Add extra time for our producers and engineers to continue working on the song while the artist is away and the sky’s the limit. This allows us the time and space to make songs that are just as great or better then the industry standards!
- Pay by the song or pay by the hour: It really doesn’t matter how you shake it, good things take time. However, its nice to have a handle on the costs up front for the purpose of budgeting.